Nuffnang Ads

Friday, 14 July 2017

Dear Ellen 'TheGenerous,'



Dear Ellen,

I'm writing you this letter at 11pm(local time in Malaysia) on 14th July 2017. That's like half of the month is already gone. And time is crucial for me now. Well,time is crucial and time is gold for everyone. But,while my other friends are having fun in their semester break for 3 months(June to August), here I am. Panicking and trying to figure out how I'm going to make my dream come true. And that is, *drum roll*  to go to KOREA! Not North Korea obviously.. Well, we kinda not in a good term at the moment. *kidding* Why do I want to go there? I am selected to go for an exchange program at Sun Moon University in Asan,South Korea. The new semester will start on September 2017. A little brief about me. My full name is Muhammad Eizat Bin Zakbah. Mostly known as Eizat Zakbah. I'm an undergraduate student studying at International Islamic University Malaysia(IIUM) doing a Bachelor in English for International Communication. (ENCOM). (a degree) 

I'm 22 years old. Still young but full with passion. My passion is learning languages, communicating with people/socializing(since I'm an extrovert person)taking pictures and sometimes writing. (well I do write when a lot of things are in my mind. usually I will write poems or an Instagram post's caption. But tonight, I'm writing a letter. Being in one of the international university here in Malaysia is more than what I could have dreamed of. I didn't get straight As during my final year in secondary school. But that doesn't stop me from pursuing my studies. Yes. There are a lot of international students here in IIUM, (we have the Chinese, the Arabs, the Africans and the Asians. All in one place. As a student that studies languages, it's kinda like a heaven since we can practice or learn new languages directly from those international students. But,to join the exchange student program in South Korea has always been my dream! The only country that I had gone to was Singapore. Our closest neighbour. With my 12k MYR @ 2 795 USD, of student loan for my studies in the undergraduate level, I could not afford to ask for another 12k MYR from any bank to support me during my exchange program there in South Korea.

I joined so many students' activities like organizing an event/a talk or being an 'emcee', do acting(I once acted as an attorney which out of my field, but thanks to Shonda Rhimes,I nailed it!) I even joined a national public speaking competition for Bahasa Indonesia while everyone else was busy preparing for the semester final exam. Some people call me a fool because I put so many things on my plate that could jeopardize my studies. Yeah.. I did send my assignments in the last minute and read all chapters in just two days. But,thank God, I surprised myself. I got 3.83 GPA for last semester(out of 4.0) It proves that being busy with a lot of things are not a reason for anyone failure. It's all about time management. I didn't do any part time job to fund my exchange program because I was so busy with my curricular activities. Developing my leadership that I believe can benefit me one day. They said that America is a dream of land. Some people don't believe that anymore since things change. But not my favourite show that has fulfilled a lot of people's dream. I wish this dream of mine will be next on the list..


Wondering if I could star in How to Get Away With A Murder?




Took my #OOTD of the day at Hospital Kuala Lumpur after done with the Corporate Social Responsibility at the Pediatric Ward.




Trying to think how to finish my assignments while I was at Bahasa Indonesia Speech Competition.



Me with my Korean book!


No comments:

Post a Comment