Nuffnang Ads

Tuesday 21 June 2016

Happy (belated) Teacher's Day!



Long ago when I first enrolled to the university,I was so mad when people know about what course I was taking. I told them that I was an English for International Communication student. And back then they would ask,

"So,you're going to be teaching at school after you graduate,is it?"

I was mad,because I felt that they look down on me. They did not acknowledge what I was capable of other than teaching. And I was mad because they did stereotyping towards language students saying that our job prospect after graduating was only teaching at school or at university.

But now,I do not feel mad at all. I feel like teaching is something challenging. Watching those hardworking teachers and lecturers of mine struggling to ensure that we understand and to make sure we become knowledgeable makes me appreciate them a lot. Some people think that teaching is easy. But,it is not. The job is not just telling people what is this and what is that. The job is to make sure that people will eventually become human. It takes patience,courage and desire to do what those wonderful people did back in school. It takes a lot of sacrifices including our time.

But,my teachers at school did not encourage me and my friends to become a teacher eventhough it's a noble thing to do. They asked us to be something else. To go out and discover things that we can do. 

Ministers,doctors,engineers,policemen,pilots,scientists and others have one thing in common. 
They were taught by great teachers!

P/S: If I was destined to become a teacher one day,I would probably be teaching English and Arabic. And my students would call me Sir Ustaz. Dua titles kot! 😂✌🏻️

No comments:

Post a Comment